The town of Sungai Lembing lies 42 kilometers from Kuantan town. Historically, Sungai Lembing was a rich and famous town, as the main producer of tin in Pahang. It was called as the East El-Dorado in Tanah Melayu as situated a Village of the English community here. The history of tin mining here is believably started since the prehistorically period and was intensively managed by a British company, the Pahang Consolidated Company Limited (PCCL), started from 1906 till it's liquidation on 1986.
There is a Museum about tin mining. Visitors will be entertained with the spectacular knowledge on the subterranean tin mining, which was once acknowledged as the largest subterranean mine in the world.